Knudson Family Drama.


Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Vegas Oct 3-5



So, we arrived in Vegas around 2ish and headed straight for my favorite place, Margaritaville. We enjoyed lunch and margaritas (okay, a few of those) and headed back to the hotel to get ready for our cocktail reception. Friday nights festivities included an open bar (woohooo) at the Caramel (see sign below) pretty fancy stuff if you ask me. I'm not too big on getting all dressed up and wearing heels as most of you know, so a few hours each night of that has pretty much given me my fill for the year.

We did so much walking around while we were there by the time we started home on Sunday my calves were sooo tight. Great feeling though, and it was nice to be out in the sunshine. We've been to Vegas before, but there is so much to see and do its impossible to have seen/done it all in one trip.

These chocolate waterfalls at the Bellagio ! Yummmmy! Makes my mouth water. The Bellagio is sooo fancy! What a great experience getting to stay there. We had chocolate croissants for breakfast one morning and an amazing chocolate dessert another night. (pictures will come of that as well)
The fountain show at the Bellagio is a grand sight to see too. It goes during the afternoon and evening, however, given the option you should definetly see it at night! Much more amazing!









We got to on this trip because one of Colby's accounts pulled the lucky ticket to be put into a drawing and out of thousands of people he was one of 9 who won the trip. He got to bring a guest and Colby and I got to go too! There were two drawings for 20,000 dollars for the 9 finalists. Broken down into 2 groups. So they had a 1 in 9 chance of coming home with 20 grand without even gambling away any money. I was jealous. Ha ha. A kid from Burlington won the 20 grand out of our group and I was glad to see it go to him. He's a single father and is going to use it for a down payment on a house. When we went to Vegas 4 or 5 years ago we didn't get to see the Treasure Island show because they were remodeling it. Much to my dissapointment we didnt' get to see it again. The winds were really strong every night and it got canceled the whole time we were there. Saturday night we even tried for the 11:30 show and that got canceled too. So we walked through the Venetian instead and got all turned around where we were and headed the opposite direction of the Bellagio. It started to pour down rain....we finally figured out we were headed the wrong direction and started back. Even though it was raining it was still very warm, not like in Washington. It was sad to leave the sunshine and come back to rain. We were only gone 3 days, but by the time we were headed home I couldnt' wait to see my kids! Funny how that works. Colby will be headed hunting for ten days on the 16th and I know by the time he gets home I will be ready to kill them, but after only 3 days I couldn't wait to see them. It's funny how those things work out...



Posted by Picasa

No comments: