Knudson Family Drama.


Saturday, September 27, 2008

Whatever

This afternoon I found myself wondering how kids pick up on so many things. Words, phrases and mannerisms not necessarily even ones that their parents use. Cadynce was playing in her room, toys were getting out of hand and beginning to creep out the door down the hallway and starting to take over the living room. After asking over and over if she would, "please pick up the toys and take them back to her room" I eventually got this response, "WHATEVER!" Picture this, three years old, leaning against the wall, hip cocked out to the side, hair piled up on top of her head, and a completely serious look on her face. I couldn't decide whether to laugh or cry. I went with laughter. Shortly after I could hear her in her room yelling, " it's not my fault, it's your fault." Words we do not use in this house. Last week when I picked Cadynce up from daycare, Tina told me that she and Alix had been doing the nu- uh, uh- hu deal over a book. Seriously? Where do they learn these things?

No comments: