Knudson Family Drama.


Friday, June 25, 2010

5.

Today my little girl is 5. Yesterday, I was driving out to pick up her gift and realized at that exact moment five years prior, we were driving to the hospital to have her. I can't figure out where time has gone. I feel like I should be able to remember every single day, 5 years isn't that long, and yet, all I have are bits and pieces. I've taken millions of pictures, thank goodness, I just hope it's enough. I can't help but think that if I can only keep bits and pieces of the last five years, what will the next five be like, and the five after that?

This will be Cadynce's first birthday without her Nana. It's been a really hard couple of weeks for her, so I'm grateful for the distractions this weekend. I think today will be the hardest on me. Last year, we went and had ice cream with Nana, Papa, John and Lauren.

In the fall Cadynce will be starting Kindergarten and she is really excited. I am too. She needs something for herself that is a challenge and doesn't include her brother. And maybe she'll talk less at home since she'll do so much of it at school. Wishful thinking? I think so.

I love my little girl. Happy Birthday Cadynce Rae!


No comments: