Knudson Family Drama.


Friday, February 27, 2009

time flies

Last night as Camden was falling asleep, sprawled across me, Colby says, "gosh, he's so big - it wasn't that long ago he was just cradled in our arms." I nod and we talk about the fact that he will be a year old sooo soon. This year has gone so super fast for us. Our lives are so busy, it's frustrating to realize that the year has gone by so fast that we find ourselves wondering if we did enough, spent enough time with our kids, accomplished enough things, or made a difference somehow. Just last week a family member was sent to the hospital; I rushed out of my house, making phone calls and worried the whole drive there. Even though I knew she was okay, I couldn't shake the feeling, that I should have been around more, seen her more, talked to her more. How do we make enough time to do all the things we need to do? Colby and I have made more of an effort this year to each have more time for ourselves, whether its playing baseball or volleyball, fishing or hunting, or going dancing with the girls; time to do the things we love so we don't forget who we are. But what about all the other things? I guess it's one thing at a time. It's hard to accept the fact that I am not the person that I want to be. YET. I will be, someday...

No comments: