Knudson Family Drama.

Saturday, January 10, 2009

A rough day.

Thursday was a rough day for me. With all the flooding around here, the phone call came at 6 am, that Colby's help was needed sandbagging at a family friend's farm. So off he went. Leaving me to get the kids up and to their daycare/babysitters. All was fine....once at work, I had to take the overnight freight over to our Stanwood store because the big truck that delivers it didn't want to for risk of flooding. Then off to a machine shop by Kayak point, the long way. To Mike and Rhonda's to pick up the stinky dogs who are too fat and lazy to jump in the back of the truck. Fine. Fine. Get back to the store and Colby is stuck at the farm. Roads are closed and there is too much water to get out anyhow. Ugh. 3:30 hits, time to go have to pick up the kids. Mike needs help with one last thing; which changed who I picked up first and therefore altered the evening...and turned my already "ugh" day into an extremely sad one. Finally, I got out of Napa and picked up Caca, headed to Sara's to pick up Camden. Kids got to play for a big, that's always nice. Got the kids all loaded up and headed for home, almost 5pm. We get across hwy 9 and see people swerving in front of Haggens. They were swerving not to hit an already hit but still alive dog. I can't go by....I slam on the brakes and put on the flashers, shoot, kids in the car. Back up and pull off the road tell Cadynce we're going to be a few minutes and I get out. Long, sad, story made a little shorter: I called dispatch to come and get the dog because I know better than to touch an injured animal. Some people who saw the hit and run come and park behind the dog so no one else can hit it. (thank heavens there are still good people in the world!) Eventually another lady pulls up and stops and the kids tell me it's the lady that they saw do the "hit-and-run." I tried not to talk to her for fear of strangling her. Anyhow, dispatch came and took the dog to a local vet, my kids were patient, didn't freak out or see what we were doing. Yesterday, I called the vet to check on the dog and I knew it in my gut when I called, they had put the dog down. No one had called missing a dog and I still don't know if anyone ever turned up looking for their pet.
Oh, Colby did get out and make it home later that night too.

No comments: